What we do
KACET is establishing sector Stakeholders in all the identified Eleven (11) development sectors.
All training providers or Master Craftsmen, by Instruction of TVET CDACC, develop graded competence
based curriculum which the Master Craftsmen or Training Providers will train and certify semi-trained
Jua kalis’ or artisans.
KACET organizes the sector Stakeholders Forum which in turn elects a Sector Skills Advisory
Committee (SSAC). The sector will be mandated by the Ministry of Education – State Department
for Vocational and Technical Education to develop the sector curriculum which must be guided,
accredited and certified by TVET CDACC.
The Certified sector curriculum are taught to semi-skilled Jual kalis to
produce competent high quality employable skills and marketable products for both local and export products.
- Building and Construction
- Food Processing Technology (include non-food Agro processing)
- Metal manufacturing and fabrication (Raw Metal e.g. iron, glassware,
stone, plastics alloys to identify, recruit,
train and certify competent training providers or master craftsmen for Industry. etc)
- Textiles Manufacturing and processing (ginning, spinning, weaving) hand looms
products, dressmaking, garments, uniforms etc
- Leather work – leather processing and manufacturing
- Electrical and Electronics – Electrical installation and electronics machines and appliances
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Wood and pulp technology
- Automotive Engineering and Automotive Mechanics
- Chemical Processing